Also known as DISquared, Lashmi Baas is a grassroots organization educating and bringing resources to marginalized communities on introducing career paths that are typically never introduced to students K-12 and mental health in digital spaces. Lashmi Bass connects the community with mental health professionals and provides education on digital addiction, digital literacy, digital discrimination and digital security.
Board Member Needs:
Lashmi Baas is looking for three new board members. Board members should have skills or knowledge in the following areas:
- Expertise and Skills: Members who possess expertise and skills that align with the needs of our organization. This can include knowledge in areas such as finance, marketing, fundraising, legal, human resources, program development, or any other relevant field.
- Experience: Individuals with a proven track record of success in their respective fields or previous board/committee experience. Previous experience in nonprofit organizations or related sectors is also beneficial.
- Diversity: Members who represent different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. This includes considering factors such as gender, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, and cultural diversity to ensure a broad range of viewpoints are represented.
- Commitment and Availability: Board/committee members should be committed to the organization's mission and willing to dedicate the necessary time and effort to actively participate in meetings, discussions, and decision-making processes. Regular attendance and active engagement are crucial for the board/committee's effectiveness.
- Networks and Connections: Individuals with established networks and connections in relevant sectors, such as business, government, academia, or community organizations, can bring valuable resources, partnerships, and opportunities to the organization.
- Passion for the Mission: Members who have a genuine passion for the organization's mission and are motivated to contribute to its success. Alignment with our core values and a strong desire to make a positive impact are essential qualities we look for.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: The ability to work effectively as part of a team, collaborate with fellow board/committee members, and respect diverse opinions is crucial. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key attributes we consider.
- Ethical and Legal Compliance: Board/committee members must uphold the highest ethical standards and comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements. This includes adhering to conflict of interest policies and maintaining confidentiality when required.
- Attend board meetings held once a month
- Board members are required to fundraise at least $5,000 for the organization for the year.
Board service terms last six months.
If you are interested in serving on this board, please contact Tamia Parker at email@example.com
For more information, please visit their website.